When people ask when I’ll resume work on the car, I’d either say when I get around to it, or when parts are in. Well, now that I’ve committed the funds and time to the project, I would like to share with you a picture of the component that got me going again. Finally, I got a round tuit.
Meanwhile, I’ve received the pedal cluster that I sent off to be rebuilt by Eric Shea of 914Club.com fame (www.pmbperformance.com). The price I paid was well worth it. Here are before and after pictures:
My “kit” calls for two 250A/160V circuit breakers, strung together, serving as the main emergency disconnect. So after deciding to locate these two near the driver’s seat where the speaker used to be, and near where the high voltage cables will transverse the two battery clusters, I used silicone caulk to “glue” the two breakers together. A nail kept the handles together. A hefty bus bar, 1/4″ thick by 1″ wide, linked the two breakers.